No Comments on JUST CAUSE: WHY BRANDS SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT CAUSE-MARKETING
It helps to have a cause. As consumer activism continues to spread, organizations have found social advocacy to be an effective means of strengthening the relationships between consumers and their preferred brands. Consumers are more loyal to brands they feel align with similar values.
However, according to Adweek, mere philanthropic gestures soon might not be enough. In a study surveying 1,000 U.S. consumers, Toluna found that, though consumers are more likely to purchase from brands aligned with their beliefs, younger consumers are more likely to be skeptical of the brand’s motivations. If a brand’s support for a charitable cause does not feel sincere, brands run the risk of distancing their younger audiences.
When promoting corporate social responsibility, brands must make the effort to not just support a cause, but to ensure it uses the cause to create a strong bond with its constituents throughout the cause-marketing process.
For all of the major insights from the study, check out the info graphic here.
- Turning It All Off ( February 5, 2019 )
- The Role of Segmentation in the Fight to End World Hunger ( January 30, 2019 )
- New Flights. New Insights. ( January 29, 2019 )
- SPOTLIGHT: MUSEUM VISITATION DRIVERS AND RESONANT MESSAGING ( January 22, 2019 )
- SLOW, SLOW MORNINGS ( January 18, 2019 )
- Parenthood…Cool, Calm and Connected ( January 15, 2019 )
- Scoring with CFB National Championship ( January 8, 2019 )
- Celebrating 2018 ( December 20, 2018 )
- How Trends Created Mariah Carey’s Christmas Classic ( December 7, 2018 )
- BRAND EQUITY AND BUSINESS SUCCESS ( December 4, 2018 )
- Data Visualization
- Data Visualization Infographics
- emerging technology
- market research
- social networking
- web innovation
Alltop – Market Research
Designing for Humans
The Green Book Blog
Harvard Business Review
Herd – Mark Earls
Joel Rubison on Marketing Research
The LoveStats Blog
Pew Research Center
Smart Mobs – Howard Rheingold
The Survey Geek
Vovici Listening Post