A few years back, we featured The Mindset List for the Class of 2015 and thought it would be fun to revisit that list and see what treasures The Mindset List for the Class of 2021 hold.
For those of you with children entering into college this list might not be much of a surprise. But, for those of us that don’t, and think we are still “in-the-know” with the younger generation, it becomes clear very quickly why the list is unofficially named the Make Me Feel Old List…
The Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2021
- They are the last class to be born in the 1900s, the last of the Millennials — enter next year, on cue, Generation Z!
- eHarmony has always offered an algorithm for happiness.
- They have largely grown up in a floppy-less world.
- There have always been emojis to cheer us up.
- It is doubtful that they have ever used or heard the high-pitched whine of a dial-up modem.
- They were never able to use a Montgomery Ward catalogue as a booster seat.
- Donald Trump has always been a political figure, as a Democrat, an Independent, and a Republican.
- Amazon has always invited consumers to follow the arrow from A to Z.
- In their lifetimes, Blackberry has gone from being a wild fruit to a communications device to a wild fruit again.
- They have always been searching for Pokemon.
- Dora the Explorer and her pet monkey Boots helped to set them on the course of discovery.
- By the time they entered school, laptops were outselling desktops.
- Whatever the subject, there’s always been a blog for it.
- A movie scene longer than two minutes has always seemed like an eternity.
- Ketchup has always come in green.
- They have only seen a Checker Cab in a museum.
- Men have always shared a romantic smooch on television.
- As toddlers, they may have taught their grandparents how to Skype.
- There has always been a Monster in their corner when looking for a job.
- Wikipedia has steadily gained acceptance by their teachers.
- Justin Timberlake has always been a solo act.
- Barbie and American Girl have always been sisters at Mattel.
- Family Guy is the successor to the Father Knows Best they never knew.
- Bill Clinton has always been Hillary Clinton’s aging husband.
- They are the first generation for whom a “phone” has been primarily a video game, direction finder, electronic telegraph, and research library.
Copyright© 2017 Beloit College
Mindset List is a registered trademark
Check out the entire list here.