No Comments on SPOTLIGHT: Exploring Consumer Identity in Social Media
Every once in a while, we like to share what we’ve been up to, including how our research engagements have helped our clients achieve their business goals and some of the lessons learned. The following project leveraged W5’s strategic resources to contextualize the social media content of a key consumer audience.
Understanding identities and lifestyles through online interaction
The advertising agency of a major automobile manufacturer wanted to understand how target consumers were using social networks to communicate values and interact with brands, products and peers. The findings from this engagement would be used to refine the tone and voice of future communications.
W5 followed twenty-five target consumers on a popular social network, examining conversations, forms of creative expression, and relationships with brands and media as cultural and personal identifiers. W5 also performed daily audits on member profiles, and posted comments to further analyze spoken and unspoken lifestyle aspirations.
W5 identified five major lifestyle trends among the target audience. Results were communicated through a playbook that illustrated the distillation of findings. The client used the research to guide future advertising initiatives, and to check against commonly held assumptions about the target’s lifestyles and brand relationships.
- Veterans are people, too ( November 10, 2017 )
- JUST CAUSE: WHY BRANDS SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT CAUSE-MARKETING ( October 9, 2017 )
- SPOTLIGHT: Understanding Consumer Choice in Telecom ( October 6, 2017 )
- Putting on a Face ( October 3, 2017 )
- Whaddah Ya Know, Kid? ( September 21, 2017 )
- Are you really my friend? ( September 5, 2017 )
- LEAP OF FAITH ( August 16, 2017 )
- Rings In Your Nose, Dirt Between Your Toes… ( August 1, 2017 )
- SPOTLIGHT: INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER PROFILING ( July 27, 2017 )
- Stereotype Threat and How to Avoid it in Research ( July 7, 2017 )
- Data Visualization
- Data Visualization Infographics
- emerging technology
- market research
- social networking
- web innovation
Alltop – Market Research
Designing for Humans
The Green Book Blog
Harvard Business Review
Herd – Mark Earls
Joel Rubison on Marketing Research
The LoveStats Blog
Pew Research Center
Smart Mobs – Howard Rheingold
The Survey Geek
Vovici Listening Post