We want to take a moment and reflect on what we were up to last year at W5 with hopes our solutions might inspire research ideas for you and your team in 2021. Here is a glimpse at some of the highlights:
- A home durable manufacturer sought insights to influence UX strategies and support launch of a new DTC brand. W5’s research identified best-in-class eCommerce examples and prioritized consumer expectations to inform the optimal UX consumer experience.
- Conducted a segmentation to identify the core behavioral, attitudinal, and psychographic factors that distinguish beverage consumers. Six months later, W5 fielded a Segmentation Pulse Check, tracking key segment classification and category behaviors to ensure stability of the segments, refreshing cluster analysis to reflect marketplace shifts.
- A popular noodle brand wanted to identify the target audience for a new product, including who they are, how they think, and what they are looking for on shelf. W5 provided a demographic and psychographic profile of the newly identified audience to create a roadmap for a positioning and media buy strategy.
- To ensure a healthcare system’s brand tracker remained relevant as the landscape shifted, W5 conducted a workshop to identify new areas of interest, market concerns, and hypothesized changes in consumers’ attitudes and behaviors to refresh the tracking survey, enabling ongoing monitoring of these new strategic areas, in addition to tracking of traditional brand metrics.
- Recognizing an opportunity to innovate their product line of to-go containers given rapid changes in the foodservice sector due to COVID-19, W5 partnered with a leading container brand to conduct a concept screen to identify top concepts to pursue, followed by an ideation session to guide refinement of winning concepts prior to production.
We look forward to seeing what 2021 has in store as we continue to help brand and their agencies navigate market and behavioral change. If nothing else, it sure is an interesting time to be in marketing research!