No Comments on JUST CAUSE: WHY BRANDS SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT CAUSE-MARKETING
It helps to have a cause. As consumer activism continues to spread, organizations have found social advocacy to be an effective means of strengthening the relationships between consumers and their preferred brands. Consumers are more loyal to brands they feel align with similar values.
However, according to Adweek, mere philanthropic gestures soon might not be enough. In a study surveying 1,000 U.S. consumers, Toluna found that, though consumers are more likely to purchase from brands aligned with their beliefs, younger consumers are more likely to be skeptical of the brand’s motivations. If a brand’s support for a charitable cause does not feel sincere, brands run the risk of distancing their younger audiences.
When promoting corporate social responsibility, brands must make the effort to not just support a cause, but to ensure it uses the cause to create a strong bond with its constituents throughout the cause-marketing process.
For all of the major insights from the study, check out the info graphic here.
- Considering Gen Z: Best Practices to Reach a Younger Generation (Part 2) ( August 4, 2020 )
- Jobs-to-be-Done 101 [:60 Video] ( July 30, 2020 )
- Considering Gen Z: Best Practices to Research a Younger Generation (Part 1) ( July 16, 2020 )
- Brands Supporting a Summer of Connection ( July 9, 2020 )
- Independence Day 2020 ( July 2, 2020 )
- Integrating Agile Innovation ( June 8, 2020 )
- W5 is Now Legal ( June 1, 2020 )
- 20 Common Cognitive Biases ( May 22, 2020 )
- Only Human After All ( April 23, 2020 )
- Inside the Offices of W5 *Home Edition* ( April 14, 2020 )
- Data Visualization
- Data Visualization Infographics
- emerging technology
- Gen Z
- market research
- social networking
- web innovation
Alltop – Market Research
Designing for Humans
The Green Book Blog
Harvard Business Review
Herd – Mark Earls
Joel Rubison on Marketing Research
The LoveStats Blog
Pew Research Center
Smart Mobs – Howard Rheingold
The Survey Geek
Vovici Listening Post